Vocabulary and Idioms
Fun Sites and Chat Boards
- Activities for EFL/ESL Students.
Quizzes, exercises, and puzzles to help you learn English.
- English as a Second Language Resources
- English as a 2nd Language
- ESL Town. Learn English online: games, pen pals, chats, quizzes, and grammar.
- ESL KidStuff.
Flashcards, worksheets, and games for children.
- Interesting Things for ESL/EFL Students
- Linguistic Funland TESL Page
- Rong-Chang Li-ESL.
The site contains access to ESL curriculum materials that cover listening, reading, and writing activities that include games, quizzes, and magazines.
- TESL/TEFL/TESOL/ESL/ESOL links for students
ESL Resources for Teachers
- 4Teachers: Professional Development.
"From equity and bilingual education to grants and educational journals, these multifaceted pages will guide you to all the top professional development resources you'll need."
- http://iteslj.org. Articles, Research Papers, Lessons Plans, Classroom Handouts, Teaching Ideas & Links.
This is a monthly web journal, so make a bookmark.
- CAL-Center for Applied Linguistics
- Center for Language Minority Education and Research. A California State-Long Beach university-wide appointed entity, affiliated with the College of Education.
- Center for Multilingual, Multicultural Research
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) on the Web
- Education Resources for TEFL
- EFLWEB Home Page.
A place for new and prospective EFL/ESL teachers
- The Internet TESL Journal for Teachers of English as a Second Language
- Language Learning & Technology
The National Association for Bilingual Education is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting educational excellence and equity for English language learners and to representing the professional educators who serve them.
- National Clearinghouse for Bilingual Education (NCBE)
- Teacher Resources(Ohio ESL)
An online, freely-distributed academic journal that is fully refereed. Each article undergoes a review by at least two knowledgeable scholars.
- TESOL Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Professional Teacher's Organization.
- TESL/TEFL/TESOL/ESL/ESOL links.
- TESL/TESL/TESOL/ESL/EFL/ESOL Links.
This site is maintained by the Internet TESL Journal and is of interest to both students and teachers.
English Language Learning